Queen Anne History
Major Charles J. Greene Sr., Rob Greene (4th child) and Annie Greene (6th child) Circa 1907
Circa 1902: Helen (oldest child), Charles Jr. (3rd child) and Jessie Greene (2nd child)
The Greene house has been brought back to its original grandeur. The previous owners Cathy and Smitty Howell are responsible for many of the restoration efforts. They restored and rebuilt the second story gallery, which had been removed completely and replaced with shingle roofing. The asbestos siding was removed revealing the original virgin cypress shiplap that was hidden for over 50 years. The beautiful heart of pine floors were all here, but buried under years of carpet and vinyl. Also here was the original mill work and 2 sets of gorgeous 10 foot pocket doors. The 11 foot original beaded board ceilings were revealed under modern ceiling tiles.
The current owners (2008 - present) added the gazebo and completed extensive landscaping on the grounds. The private interior bathrooms have been modernized and all have one or two person jacuzzi tubs and showers. A hospitality room was added with a wet bar, ice machine and refrigerator. Complimentary WiFi and a zoned central air and heat system with controls in each guest room was added in 2016 for the comfort of our guests.